About Linksys WRT3200acm
The Linksys WRT3200ACM is a high-performance wireless router designed to provide fast and reliable internet connectivity for home and small office environments. Released as part of Linksys’ WRT series, this router builds upon the legacy of the iconic WRT54G, known for its open-source firmware and enthusiast-friendly design. Check out: Linksys Router Support
Here are some of the key features of the Linksys WRT3200ACM:
1. Tri-Stream 160 Technology: The WRT3200ACM utilizes Tri-Stream 160 technology, which means it supports three separate data streams on each of its two 5GHz bands and one 2.4GHz band, resulting in a total of 160MHz bandwidth. This technology significantly improves Wi-Fi performance, allowing for smoother streaming, faster downloads, and reduced lag in online gaming.
2. MU-MIMO Technology: With MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple Input, Multiple Output) support, the router can communicate with multiple devices simultaneously. This technology ensures that each device connected to the router gets its fair share of bandwidth, enhancing overall network efficiency and reducing congestion.
3. Dual-Core Processor: The WRT3200ACM is powered by a dual-core 1.8GHz processor, which provides the processing power needed to handle multiple data streams and support various devices concurrently. This ensures smooth and lag-free performance, even under heavy network loads.
4. Open Source Firmware: One of the standout features of the Linksys WRT series is its support for open-source firmware. Users have the option to replace the factory firmware with popular open-source solutions like OpenWRT or DD-WRT. This allows for extensive customization and control over the router’s features and settings.
5. Four High-Performance Antennas: The router comes equipped with four external high-gain antennas, which can be adjusted for optimal signal strength and coverage. These antennas help extend the Wi-Fi range and maintain a stable connection throughout your home or office.
6. USB Ports: The WRT3200ACM features both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports, enabling you to connect external storage devices or printers and share them across your network. This feature is useful for creating a central file storage or print server.
7. Beamforming Technology: Beamforming technology allows the router to focus its Wi-Fi signal directly towards connected devices. This improves signal strength and coverage, especially for devices that are farther from the router.
8. Quality of Service (QoS): The router offers advanced QoS settings, which enable you to prioritize specific devices or applications for the best possible performance. This is particularly useful for online gaming or streaming, where low latency is crucial.
9. Guest Network Support: The WRT3200ACM lets you create separate guest networks with their own passwords, keeping your primary network secure while allowing visitors to access the internet.
10. Security Features: The router includes WPA2 encryption and an SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) firewall to protect your network from unauthorized access and potential threats.
11. Smart Wi-Fi App: Linksys offers a mobile app that allows you to manage your router settings, monitor your network, and even set up parental controls from your smartphone or tablet.
In summary, the Linksys WRT3200ACM is a feature-packed router designed for users who demand high performance, advanced customization options, and robust security. Its support for open-source firmware makes it particularly attractive to tech enthusiasts and those who want to fine-tune their network to specific requirements. Whether you’re a gamer, a streamer, or simply looking for a reliable and powerful router for your home or small office, the WRT3200ACM is worth considering.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Linksys WRT1900AC still a good router?
There is no doubt that the WRT1900AC is a superb router. It’s simple to set up and operate, and it’s quite powerful. However, for the price, you don’t receive much-improved performance when linked to current-generation wireless clients or adapters.
What is the range of WRT1900ACS?
The WRT1900ACS has an extremely long range, reaching over 300 feet on the 2.4GHz band.
Which is better Linksys or TP-Link?
This means that the Linksys Velop is more suited to 4K video streaming and gaming than the TP-Link Deco. If you want the best performance out of your mesh network system, the Linksys Velop is the way to go.
How do I know if I have WRT1900ACS v1 or V2?
On the bottom label of the router, you can see “WRT1900ACS” in the top-right corner. (Some Linksys routers come in two hardware configurations. If no version number appears next to the model number, your router is Version 1. Your router is Version 2 if you notice “V2” next to the model number.