How to Delete Microsoft Account: Deleting your Microsoft account is a significant decision that requires careful consideration. Whether you’re switching to a different platform or simply wish to remove your account for personal reasons, this guide will walk you through the process step by step. Make sure to back up any important data before proceeding, as deleting your account is irreversible. For Microsoft errors: Microsoft Support
Step 1: Review Account Information
Before you delete your Microsoft account, take a moment to gather important information, such as your email address, alternate email address, and contact information associated with the account.
Check out for Window Support
Step 2: Clear Subscriptions and Services
If you have any active subscriptions or services linked to your Microsoft account, ensure that they are canceled or transferred to another account. This includes services like Office 365, Xbox Live, and OneDrive storage.
Step 3: Save Important Data
Back up any crucial data you want to keep, such as emails, files, documents, photos, and contacts. You can download files from OneDrive, export emails from Outlook, and save any other necessary data to an external storage device.
Step 4: Close Linked Accounts
If your Microsoft account is connected to other services like Skype or LinkedIn, consider closing or unlinking those accounts if needed. This will help you maintain control over your online presence even after your Microsoft account is deleted.
Step 5: Initiate the Deletion Process
Here’s how to begin the account deletion process:
1. Visit the Microsoft Account Closure page (account.microsoft.com/account/close).
2. Sign in to the Microsoft account you want to delete.
3. Carefully read the information provided about the consequences of deleting your account.
4. Click on the “Next” button to proceed.
Step 6: Verify Your Identity
Microsoft will require you to verify your identity for security purposes:
1. Follow the prompts to verify your identity. This may involve receiving a security code via email or text message.
2. Enter the verification code as prompted.
Step 7: Review and Submit Request
After verifying your identity, review your account closure request:
1. Double-check the information and make sure you’ve backed up everything you need.
2. Confirm that you understand the implications of deleting your account.
3. Click on the “Mark account for closure” button to submit your request.
Step 8: Account Closure Waiting Period
Microsoft will initiate a waiting period of 60 days during which your account is deactivated but not yet deleted. This waiting period provides you with an opportunity to change your mind. If you decide you want to keep your account, you can cancel the closure request during this time. Check out: Outlook Support
Step 9: Account Deletion
After the waiting period is over:
1. Your account and associated data will be permanently deleted.
2. You will no longer be able to access any Microsoft services using this account.
Deleting your Microsoft account involves several important steps to ensure a smooth and irreversible process. By following this easy-to-understand guide, you can confidently navigate through each stage and make an informed decision about permanently deleting your Microsoft account. Remember, take your time, back up your data, and carefully consider the consequences before proceeding.
If you’re still unable to delete your Microsoft account, then you can watch many videos on YouTube for “how to delete Microsoft account permanently.”
If something is a technical issue, then you can contact our expert team at IT Support Services or Call at (+1) 888-314-4480