General Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
There is List of General FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) with their perfect answers. Check the list of faq given below:
- Your computer does not turn on.
- The screen is blank.
- Laptop turns on and off repeatedly.
- The laptop makes weird noises while running.
- Laptop shuts down or freezes.
- The battery does not charge properly.
- The screen light fails.
- The strange or garbled image on the screen
1. Backup Your Data: Before you begin, make sure to back up any important files or data you want to keep, as the factory reset will erase everything.
2. Power Off: Turn off your HP laptop completely.
3. Restart and Press F11: Turn on your laptop and immediately begin repeatedly pressing the F11 key until you reach the “Choose an option” box.
4. Troubleshoot: Select “Troubleshoot” from the options.
5. Reset This PC: Click on “Reset this PC” which will help you to remove everything and reinstall Windows.
6. Choose Option: Now, select either “Keep my files” (removes apps and settings but keeps your files) or “Remove everything” (removes all your personal files, apps, and settings).
7. Reset Process: Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the reset. Your laptop will start the reset process, which may take some time.
8. Completion: Once the reset is complete, your HP laptop will be back to its factory settings, just like when you first bought it.
9. Set Up: You will need to set up your laptop again, including choosing your language, region, keyboard layout, and connecting to Wi-Fi.
10. Restore Data: If you chose to keep your files, you can now restore your backed-up data to your laptop.